Have you ever wanted to change the weather? In Cubesis you can completely change the climate from tropical to icy. As the leader of the Cubies, you have to please your people, which means you will have to change the world wisely because it works as a fragile clockwork, and because it is guarded by two gods: Ikjuch and Likael who can be cruel and generous at the same time. Only you will decide if they will help you, or destroy you. Come and lead your people through a challenging journey: charming and yet unknown world awaits you!
Cubesis is a turn-based strategy game with puzzle elements, centered around the fragile balance of the Cubeworld. You have to solve strategy-like puzzles and the way to their solution is beset by many obstacles: for example the sea. To overcome such obstacles, you need to figure out what pleases the gods Ikjuch and Likael.
- Fragile balance – Balance in this game constitute the core mechanic of the game. Let´s put it simply: everything has its cost and nothing is ultimately good, which means everything can be ultimately good in certain circumstances.
- Puzzle elements – Unlike other strategy titles this one aims to give player a bit more thoughtful gameplay, which is accomplished by goals (cross the sea, collect treasure chest, build a city in the lake, etc.) that player needs to fulfill in order to win the level. These goals usually need player to decide the strategy that will lead him to success many steps ahead.
- Editable terrain – In Cubesis every tile of land can be modified and even destroyed: you can dig through the world! Beside that you will create dams, rivers and canals.
- God Game – You will meet two gods (Ikjuch and Likael) who created Cubeworld. They represent the law of nature of the Cubeworld: sea level and global temperature. They can help you if you know what you want: drought and flood can be both good.
- Two campaigns – You will meet up to thirty four enjoyable and challenging levels that are ordered based on their difficulty. You will start with tutorial, go through easy campaign and end up with Likael´s Revenge campaign.